LifeChoice Portable Oxygen Concentrator (DISCONTINUED)
PORTABLE OXYGEN VIA PULSE WAVE
The LifeChoice POC is a Pulse Dose Oxygen Concentrator designed for active users who require the equivalent of 1, 2 or 3 LPM of oxygen. LifeChoice's unique technology detects differences in breath patterns during activity and sleep while delivering oxygen in a "Pulse Wave" to maximize absorption and minimize waste.
DESIGNED FOR ACTIVE USERS -- DAY & NIGHT
During the Day LifeChoice detects activity and provides the most oxygen available per pound in any portable device to support higher respiration rates. At night LifeChoice automatically adjusts to Sleep Mode, increasing trigger sensitivity to detect nighttime breathing and changes in respiratory rates, to provide the proper oxygen levels for successful sleep.
IT WON'T WEIGH YOU DOWN
The LifeChoice POC is small, lighweight and durable. With LifeChoice there you can get rid of oxygen carts and forget about bottle refills. LifeChoice comes in an attractive carry case that can be worn as a small backpack, carried in the hand, worn as a waist pack, or slung over the shoulder. It's easy and convenient to carry the LifeChoice your way, and at 4.9 pounds it won't weigh you down.
POWER OPTIONS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
The LifeChoice offers a wide variety of power options. Each concentrator comes with an auto-senseing Universal AC Power Supply for use in most countries worldwide; and a DC Power Cord for use in the "cigarette" style sockets found in most cars, boats and other vehicles. When you're away from a fixed power source the LifeChoice's internal battery will power the concentrator for approximately 2-hours of use at any setting. If you need more time away from fixed power the optional LifeChoice External Battery Pack, with convenient belt strap, adds approximately 3-hours of operational time to your Concentrator. Need more time? Just add more external battery packs!
- Who can use the LifeChoice POC?
Patient's who require 1, 2 or 3 LPM supplemental oxygen. The LifeChoic POC delivers pulse doses (with Pulse Wave Delivery) equivalent to a maximum of 3 LPM.
- How is Pulse Wave Delivery different than the Pulse Dose Delivery that most portable oxygen concentrators use?
Most POC'ss deliver an initial strong pulse of oxygen during the beginning of the inhalation period. Typically, the entire oxygen dose produced is not received because the rate and flow of the pulse dose exceeds the inhalation rate of the patient. During sleep, this effect is exacerbated further due to a shallow inhalation rate. In addition, many times the on-demand trigger for most POC's does not function because the patient's breath is too shallow to be detected. As a result, POC's are generally considered unreliable during evening sleep hours. LifeChoice's Pulse Wave Delivery System provides oxygen congruent with the patient's normal inhalation rate so what is delivered, is received. In addition, this approach minimizes retrograde airflow so patients report fewer side effects such as nasal irritation and nose bleeds. Pulse Wave Delivery along with Auto Mode are the reasons why the LifeChoice POC can be used during sleep when other POC's are not effective.
- What is Auto Mode?
Auto Mode is a technology which automatically senses the oxygen requirements of a patient and adjusts the device to operate in an Active Mode and a Sleep Mode. In Active Mode, the LifeChoice POC provides oxygen to address the short and frequent breath patterns which are typical for a mobile patient. In Sleep Mode, the LifeChoice POC provides oxygen to address shallow and prolonged breathing while at rest. During Sleep Mode, the on-demand trigger to deliver oxygen is 10 times more sensitive than during Active Mode to detect changes in the patient's respiration rate at rest.
- Is it possible the LifeChoice POC will remain in an Active-High Mode during Sleep and/or a Sleep-Low Mode during activity?
Yes, it is possible. Both settings are appropriate based on the unique and individual needs of the patient and an important benefit of Auto Mode Technology.
- Does Auto Mode Technology deliver oxygen using the Pulse Wave Delivery method?
Yes, the LifeChoice POC in Auto Mode utilizes a Pulse Wave technology which provides oxygen on-demand congruent to the patient's inhalation rate so what is delivered is received and side effects related to retrograde flow are minimized.
- How long does the battery last?
The internal battery will last 2 hours on all settings, while the optional external battery pack will add an additional 3 hours on all settings providing in combination over 5 hours of mobility using setting of 1, 2 or 3LPM.
- What maintenance is required for the LifeChoice POC?
Virtually none. No need to worry about routinely replacing filters or other routine maintenance issues. The patient simply wipes the vents on either side of the LifeChoice POC with a Q-Tip! (No disassembly required) That's it! And with its durable construction, the LifeChoice POC is designed to give years of worry free use. Furthermore, the LifeChoice POC comes with a 3 year limited warranty. See warranty for full details.
- Can I take the LifeChoice POC on an airplane?
Yes. The LifeChoice POC is FAA approved for use on commercial flights. Please consult with your airline before traveling.
- How much electricity does the LifeChoice POC use?
Very little. The power consumption is equivalent to a 40 watt light bulb.
- Can I plug the LifeChoice POC power supply anywhere?
Yes, the LifeChoice POC power supply can be plugged in anywhere in the world. It runs on 110v to 240v and 50 to 60 cycles automatically.
- Can I plug the LifeChoice POC power supply into my car, RV or boat?
Yes, the LifeChoice POC also comes with a 12v power supply that has a USA standard cigarette lighter adaptor (CLA) plug.
- Manufacturer Inova Labs
- In the Package LifeChoice Portable Oxygen Concentrator, Carrying Case (with Shoulder and Backpack Straps), Internal Battery, DC Power Cord, AC Power Cord, Accessory Case, Two Salter 1600 Cannulas, and Printed User Guide. External Battery Pack included depending on Bundle selected during checkout.
- Part Number(s) XYC200 (Standard Bundle with Internal Battery), XYC100 (Freedom Bundle with Internal Battery & External Battery Pack)
- HCPCS Code E1390 E1392
- GTIN / UPC Code
- Country United States of America (Typical Origin)
- Size (Approx) 9.5 x 7.5 x 3.125 Inches
- Weight (Approx) Just 4.9 lbs with Internal Battery Just 7.1 lbs with Internal & External Battery
Oxygen Performance Specifications
- Continuous Settings Pulse Dose Settings 1-3 LPM Equivalent to Continuous Flow
- Oxygen Concentration 90% +/- 3% for all flow settings
- Sound Levels Less than 50 dBA (typical use) (Typical)
- Operating Altitude 0 - 10,000 Feet
- AC (Wall) Power 100-240V, 50-60Hz (auto sensing to allow worldwide use)
- AC Power Supply Yes
- DC Power Consumption 12-19v DC Power for Use in Cars, Boats, RVs, etc.
- Battery Type Rechargeable Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Battery Weight Internal = NA (Included in weight of concentrator) Optional External = 2.2 Pounds (Approx)
- Battery Run Time Internal = 2+ Hours Optional External = 3+ Hours (Average)
- Recharge Time Internal = 4 Hours Optional External = 6 Hours (Typical Per Battery)