Z1 Travel CPAP Machine Package with Z-Breathe
15-DAY RISK FREE TRIAL! Try this at home and, if you don't like it, contact us within 15 days to arrange a return for a full refund.15-DAY RISK FREE TRIAL!
MADE IN AMERICA! This product is one of the many products we offer that are proudly produced in the USA.MADE IN AMERICA!
IN STOCK WITH FREE SHIPPING! This product is in stock and ready to ship. Buy today and we'll ship it free within the USA.IN STOCK WITH FREE SHIPPING!
LOYALTY REWARDS SAVE YOU MONEY! Earn Loyalty Rewards Points on every item. Cash in Points for discounts on purchases.LOYALTY REWARDS SAVE YOU MONEY!
THE WORLD'S SMALLEST & LIGHTEST CPAP
Designed from the ground up to be elegant and refined, the Z1 CPAP has been considered and measured from every angle to ensure it is as small and comfortable and capable as possible! The Z1 is tiny at 2.02 x 6.48 x 3.3 inches and ultra-light at 10 ounces. It is FAA Approved and will fit easily into any overnight bag; but it's sleek styling, modern looks, and quality materials mean that it will look great on your nightstand too.
The Z1 is built for sleep so it is very quiet. In fact it's one of the quietest CPAPs on the market, producing only 26 dBA on average of sound during operation.
OPTIONAL POWERSHELL INTEGRATED BATTERY
For nights away from fixed power the Z1's optional PowerShell Battery Pack (shown at right) provides an innovative, integrated solution, merging the machine and battery in one convenient package. The PowerShell holds one battery that will last 1-2 nights between charges. For extra nights away add additional batteries -- at 9 ounces each they won't weigh you down! The Z1 PowerShell can also be used as a backup power supply, automatically taking over during a power outage or blackout.
DATA CAPABLE COMPLIANCE TRACKING
If you want to track therapy compliance -- for yourself, for your job, or for your doctor -- the Z1 CPAP makes it easy. The Z1 records information including events and time of use. Free Z1 Data Viewer Software presents therapy compliance data in a user-friendly interface where you can track your progress and provide it to others as needed. Click here to download the Z1 Data Viewer Software Installer for Windows in ZIP Format. Macintosh version coming soon.
Z-BREATHE PRESSURE RELIEF
Z1 delivers a more natural breathing experience with proprietary Z-Breathe relief. Z-Breathe learns from your breathing patterns, gently raising and lowering therapy pressure to reduce the "pressure swing" caused by inhalations and exhalations during sleep. Set Z-Breathe to one of three settings: CPAP 1 for mild relief; CPAP 2 for moderate relief; or CPAP3 for maximum pressure swing relief. (Download the latest Z1 Firmware update to enable full Z-Breathe functionality.)
CLIMB MOUNTAINS & SEE THE WORLD
The Z1 CPAP automatically adjusts to altitudes up to 8,000 feet above sea level. It is even approved by the FAA for use on airplanes and will adjust automatically to an airplane's cabin pressure. When traveling outside the US the Z1 will convert the voltage automatically so you can continue enjoying safe and comfortable sleep therapy wherever your next adventure takes you. (Plug adapter may be needed outside of North America.)
AUTOMATIC LEAK COMPENSATION
To ensure you're always receiving your prescribed sleep therapy pressure the Z1 will automatically compensate for minor air leakage and mask leaks. If Z1 detects an excessive air leak that could be detrimental to therapy its display screen will warn you to ensure that the leak is corrected promptly.
RAMP FOR COMFORT
For people who prefer to fall asleep with therapy at lower pressure levels, the Z1's ramp comfort feature is a perfect solution. Ramp slowly increases therapy pressure over time, from 0 to 45 minutes, so you can breathe naturally as you fall asleep.
BIG, BRIGHT, INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY
The Z1's large, backlit LCD display provides information on your current pressure setting, ramp time, power status, and more. With the Z1 you can always check your current therapy status, but don't worry the display has an auto-off function! When it's not needed the backlight turns off automatically so it won't keep you up as you drift off to sleep!
If you prefer added humidification when using sleep therapy, the Z1 CPAP comes complete with a HME Waterless Humidification Filter. A unique alternative to bulky water based humidifiers, HME Filters capture heat and moisture from your sleep therapy air and exhalations, preserving and increasing humidity to prevent your airways from drying out during therapy. In addition the Z1 is compatible with external heated humidifiers like the HC150 from Fisher & Paykel.
COMPATIBLE WITH ANY CPAP MASK
The Z1 CPAP comes complete with a Universal Tube Adapter and a 48 inch slim tube. If you prefer longer tubing or performance tubing it can be used with that too; and it will work with any CPAP mask on the market so choose your favorite... don't worry it IS compatible!
ALWAYS UP TO DATE!
One of the most unique features of the Z1 Travel CPAP is the ability to upgrade the machine's operating system -- to implement performance refinements, add new features, or update capabilities -- with a home computer connected to the internet and a USB Cable. Remote upgrades are a great way to ensure your Z1 is always performing at its best.
- Does the Z1 have a pressure relief function?
Yes. The Z1 uses an advanced pressure relief algorithm called Z-Breathe. Z-Breathe has three settings: CPAP-1 for mild relief, CPAP-2 for moderate relief, and CPAP-3 for maximum relief. Z-Breathe will also learn your breathing pattern and adjust the pressure swing accordingly to suit your needs.
- CPAP-1 Enables Z-Breathe at a gentle response rate that adjusts the airflow gradually during the inhalation-exhalation cycle. In this setting, the algorithm will initially adjust rapidly to breathing, but the adjustments will become gentle and gradual over time.
- CPAP-2 This is the default Z-Breathe setting offering moderate pressure swing relief.
- CPAP-3 Z-Breathe's maximum CPAP-3 setting offers an aggressive response rate which adjusts the airflow rapidly and aggressively during the inhalation-exhalation cycle.
- How should I clean my Z1?
Please refer to the owners manual for complete instructions, but typically you would wipe down the outside of your Z1 with a damp cloth on a weekly basis. NOTE: Never submerge the Z1 in water.
- Does my battery charge when the AC Adapter is plugged into the PowerShell and wall outlet?
Yes, but only when the Z1 is in standby mode - meaning when the device is plugged in but NOT in use/ being used for therapy. When your battery has a full charge it will be displayed on the Z1 LCD screen.
- When the display says "REMINDER" what does that mean?
REMINDER is telling you to connect the tubing to the Z1 Outlet Coupler on the proximal end and your CPAP mask on the to the distal end of the tube to initiate therapy.
- Can I use my Z1 on the Airplane?
Yes, the Z1 has met all of the FAA requirements for in-flight use. There is a reference regarding this in the Z1 User Manual. There is also a downloadable version of the FAA Compliance letter, available on this page, that is useful when taking your Z1 on a commercial flight. NOTE: Even though the FAA has cleared the Z1 for in-flight use, airlines often request that you let them know in advance of your plans to use cpap in-flight. Please contact your airline for more information.
- How often should I change my filter?
For best performance, filters should be changed on average every 2 weeks.
- Where is the best place to mount my Z1?
This is a good question however it depends on your personal preference. Some users simply set the Z1 on their nightstand since it takes less space than a box of tissue. Others prefer to use the PowerShell's lanyard to hang the Z1 over their headboard. The best place to mount the Z1 is wherever it feels comfortable for you.
- Is there a humidifier available for the Z1?
Currently HDM offers Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) units for humidification. Additionally, you may use an external heated humidifier such as the Fisher & Paykel HC150. (Available elsewhere on this site.)
- Is the Z1 always on?
The Z1 switches to standby mode when you plug in to a power source (either the PowerShell with Battery or the AC Power Adaptor). To start therapy push the power button once and to stop push the power button again. To completely turn off the Z1 simply remove the power source.
- My Z1 will not turn on. What's wrong?
Problems with powering the Z1 are typically related to the power adapter or the battery not being seated properly in the PowerShell.
- Power Adapter - If you are attempting to power the Z1 device with the power adapter try the following: Fully remove the power adapter and inspect both the adapter and the plug hole for obstructions. If no obstructions If no obstructions are found firmly re-insert the plug into the Z1 using a twisting motion and restart the Z1.
- PowerShell Battery Power - If you are attempting to power the device using the PowerShell's battery, fully remove the battery module and inspect both the battery module and the contacts inside of the PowerShell for obstructions. If no obstructions are found, firmly re-insert the battery module into the PowerShell and restart the Z1.
- There is a Fault or Reminder display on the Z1 LCD.
The 'Reminder' text will be displayed when the Z1 detects a leak situation while in use. It serves as a reminder to firmly insert the Hose Adapter into the Z1 (the most common location for pressure leaks).
- Manufacturer Human Design Medical
- In the Package Z1 CPAP Machine, 4-Foot SlimStyle Tubing, 2 Air Filters, Universal Tube Adapter, Universal AC Power Supply with Cord, Micro USB Cable, Printed Instructions, Fleece Travel Bag, Heat Moisture Exchange (HME) Humidifier Filter, and 3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty. PowerShell Battery Pack, Mobile DC Power Cord, and additional custom options available in shopping cart.
- Part Number(s) HD60-1005 (Z1 CPAP Machine), HD60-1010 (Z1 CPAP Machine with PowerShell Battery Pack)
- HCPCS Code E0601
- GTIN / UPC Code 859477004017
Warranty Notes: Warranty applies to primary item. Accessory and parts warranties may vary. Review manufacturer's documentation for full details.
- Prescription Item Prescription required for the purchase of this item.
- Country of Origin United States of America (Typical)
- Z1 CPAP is FAA Approved. This product is approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US. Click here for TSA / FAA information on traveling with sleep and oxygen therapy. Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have (i.e. a copy of your prescription or a letter of medical necessity) for allowing your device on board.
- Size (Approx) 6.48 x 3.30 x 2.02 Inches
- Weight (Approx) 10.4 Ounces
Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Therapy Modes CPAP
- Pressure Range 4-20 CM H2O
- Default Settings 8 CM H2O
- Ramp User Adjustable 0 to 45 Minutes
- Ramp Start 4 to CPAP Pressure
- Sound Levels Less Than 26 dBA
- Altitude Adjustment Automatic Up To 8000 Feet
- Leak Compenstation Automatic
- Auto On/Off Not Applicable
- Comfort Technology Z-Breathe (Settings = 1 Minimum, 2 Moderate, 3 Maximum)
- Rainout Reduction Not Applicable
- Filters Disposable (Ultra Fine)
- Masks Compatible with all CPAP & BiPAP Masks
- Tubing The Z1 CPAP includes a Custom Tube Adapter compatible with all Standard and Performance CPAP Tubing. For proper operation the Tube Adapter MUST ALWAYS be in place when using the Z1 device.
- Humidifiers Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) Included for Optional Use
- Supplemental Oxygen NOT Compatible with Supplemental Oxygen
Therapy Data & Compliance
- Data Storage 30 Days of Storage Onboard
- Data Included Events and Time of Use
- Data Viewing Free HDM Data Viewer Software (Windows PC)
- AC (Wall) Power AC power 100-240V, 50-60Hz (Auto Sensing)
- AC Power Supply Size 3.75 x 1.75 x 1.25 Inches (Approx)
- AC Power Supply Weight 9.5 Ounces (Approx)
- AC Power Cord Length 10 Feet 4 Inches (Approx)
- Power Consumption 20-35 Watts
- DC (Mobile) Power Optional Accessory
- DC Power Supply Weight 3 Ounces (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Length 6 Feet 6 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Fuses 5 Amp
- DC Power Input 12 Volts
- Battery Power Optional Integrated PowerShell & Battery Module
- Battery Type 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery Pack
- Battery Capacity 45 Watt Hours
PowerShell = 6.00 x 4.25 x 3.00 Inches
Battery Module = 4.00 x 3.75 x 1.50 Inches (Approx)
PowerShell = 9.8 Ounces
Battery Module = 9.0 Ounces (Approx)
- Battery Run Time 1-2 Nights Per Battery Module Depending on Settings. Lower pressure settings will increase run times and higher pressure settings will decrease run times. At a pressure setting of 6CM most users will achieve more than 13 hours of run time per battery. At a pressure setting of 14CM most users will achieve more than 8 hours of run time per battery. (Average)
- Recharge Time Up to 8 Hours When Fully Depleted (Typical Per Battery)
- Battery Life 300 Cycles (Average)
- Battery Notes For best performance Battery Modules should be fully charged prior to first use. Batteries recharge in the Z1 PowerShell when connected to AC or DC Power. In-house tests at DirectHomeMedical show that using a 4-foot tube and low Z-Breathe settings can increase overall battery run times. For complete care and use instructions, refer to the manual that came with your Z1 device or PowerShell.
Universal Inline HME (Heat Moisture Exchange) Humidifier & Bacterial Viral Filter for CPAP Machines | 4.95 | | inline-bacterial-viral-hme-filter-cpap-medicomp
QTube Universal InLine Muffler for CPAP Machines | 27.95 | | qtube-cpap-muffler-human-design-medical
Soft Sided Carrying Case for Z1 Series CPAP Machines | 29.99 | | z1-cpap-soft-side-carrying-case-hdmusa
Z1 Universal Inline HME (Heat Moisture Exchange) Humidifier Filter for CPAP Machines | 4.99 | | z1-cpap-hme-heat-moisture-exchanger-humidifier