ResMed S9 AutoSet™ Auto-CPAP (DISCONTINUED)
All Auto-CPAP (APAP) systems adjust your overall therapy levels to ensure you're receiving the optimal pressure for successful sleep therapy. The S9 AutoSet combines an intelligent algorithm with Easy-Breathe expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) to dynamically adjust pressure for maximum comfort. It continually monitors breathing, adapting breath by breath, to deliver the lowest therapeutic pressure, improving comfort and sleep. In addition the S9’s enhanced AutoSet algorithm takes this a step further, differentiating between obstructive (OSA) and central sleep apneas (CSA) and responding appropriately to each. So whether you're experiencing OSA or CSA you can be confident that you're always receiving optimal therapy at the lowest, most comfortable pressures.
QUIETLY CAPABLE EASY-BREATHE MOTOR
APAP systems create two types of noise: radiated noise in the room, and conducted noise through the tube. The S9's Easy-Breathe motor with axial air-flow produces less "turbulence" lowering average radiated sound levels to just 24dBA. In addition ResMed has reduced conducted noise levels through the breathing tube by 78%. When fully operational the S9 series is no louder than normal breathing!
ResMed has updated the clinically proven Easy-Breathe EPR waveform. Breath by breath, Easy-Breathe EPR reduces the work of breathing during exhalation providing a gentler pressure that naturally adapts to your breathing cycle throughout the night.
CLIMATELINE HEATED TUBING or SLIMLINE ULTRA LIGHT TUBING
An often overlooked but vitally important element in sleep therapy is the tubing! Tubing designs have remained relatively unchanged for 20-years until now. With the S9 ResMed introduces two great tubing options. SLIMLINE tubing is the lightest, slimmest and most flexible CPAP/BiLevel tube on the market. 40% lighter than traditional tubing, SlimLine tubing eliminates drag on your mask and weight on your bed helping to improve overall mask fit and sleep comfort. SlimLine tubing also features a new smart-fit cuff design that makes it easier to attach and remove the tubing from your machine and mask.
If you choose the H5i Heated Humidifier with your S9 system then you can select CLIMATELINE heated tubing for truly exceptional comfort. The ClimateLine tube features a temperature sensor at the mask end of the tube. You set your preferred humidity and optimum temperature levels and the S9 Climate Control system adjusts your therapy to suit. Because the system measures temperature at the mask, the temperature you feel will remain at your preferred setting, regardless of changes in ambient temperature or humidity. ClimateLine heated tubing offers increased flexibility, more sleeping comfort, less mask drag and prevents rainout without reducing humidity.
ENHANCED H5i HUMIDIFIER (Optional)
MASK-FIT MADE EASY
The S9's Mask-Fit feature is simple and effective. It offers three settings: Nasal, Pillow and Full Face. With the touch of a button you select your mask style and then the Mask-Fit system will run a quick diagnostic to ensure your mask is sealing properly. If your mask needs adjustment the system will alert you so that you can correct any fitting problems you may have prior to starting therapy.
The S9 allows you to view a snapshot of your sleep therapy directly on the device. Designed to provide daily feedback and encouragement, the Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak and AHI information. In addition the Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure. The S9 also ships with an SD Card inserted in the device that can be used by your doctor to review more advanced information. The SD Card provides detailed graphical data and high resolution flow data. It stores 365 days of therapy and compliance data, 30 days of detailed data, and 7 days of high resolution flow data.
- S9 AutoSet APAP Information Guide (PDF)
- S9 AutoSet APAP Welcome Guide - English (PDF)
- S9 AutoSet APAP Welcome Guide - French (PDF)
- S9 AutoSet APAP Welcome Guide - Portuguese (PDF)
- S9 AutoSet APAP Welcome Guide - Spanish (PDF)
- S9 Series ClimateLine Tubing User Instructions (PDF)
- S9 Series EPR and Easy-Breathe Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Manufacturer ResMed
- In the Package S9 AutoSet Auto-CPAP, Travel Bag, Breathing Tube, Starter Filter, SD Data Card, Printed Users Manual, 90W Power Supply with Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. H5i Integrated Heated Humidifier, ClimateLine Tubing and/or SlimLine Tubing included depending on package selected.
- Part Number(s) 36005 (S9 AutoSet), 36015 (S9 AutoSet with Heated Humidifier), 36025 (S9 AutoSet with Heated Humidifier and ClimateLine Tubing)
- HCPCS Code E0601
- GTIN / UPC Code 00619498360055, 00619498360154, 00619498360253
- Warranty 2 Years - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- Intended Use The S9 AutoSet For Her self-adjusting system is indicated for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients weighing more than 66 lb (>30 kg). The S9 AutoSet self-adjusting system is intended for home and hospital use.
- Prescription Item Prescription required for the purchase of this item.
- FAA Compliant Label Included on Base of Unit for Easy Identification. This product is approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US. Click here for TSA / FAA information on traveling with sleep and oxygen therapy. Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have (i.e. a copy of your prescription or a letter of medical necessity) for allowing your device on board.
APAP = 6.0 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches
APAP with Humidifier = 6.0 x 11.5 x 3.4 inches
APAP = 1.8 lbs
APAP with Humidifier = 3.5 lbs
- Display Type Color LCD
Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Therapy Modes CPAP, Auto-CPAP (APAP)
- Pressure Range 4-20 CM H2O
- Ramp 0 to 45 Minutes (5 Minute Increments)
- Ramp Start 4 to Minimum Therapy Pressure
- Sound Levels 24 dBA
- Altitude Adjustment Automatic Up To 8500 Feet
- Leak Compenstation Automatic
- Auto On/Off Yes, SmartStart & Stop
- Comfort Technology EPR (Settings = Off, 1, 2, 3 CM H2O)
- Rainout Reduction ClimateControl with optional ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing
- Filters Disposable (Standard & Hypoallergenic Available)
- Masks Compatible with all CPAP & BiLevel Masks
- Tubing Compatible with all Standard CPAP Tubing, Performance Tubing, SlimLine Tubing, and ClimateLine Tubing (when H5i Humidifier is used).
- Humidifiers Integrated H5i Humidifier (Optional)
- Oxygen Up to 4LPM (Requires Adapter or Mask with Oxygen Port)
Therapy Data & Compliance
- Data Storage SD Data Card
- Data Included 365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics). 30 days of detailed data (graphs). 7 days of high resolution flow data. Data includes... Usage, SpO2, Snore, Pulse Rate, Pressure, Minute Ventilation, Leak, Flow, Flow Limitation, Events, OAI/UAI, AHI/AI/CAI
On Screen Sleep Report
Desktop Software Not Available to Consumers
- Humidifier Integrated H5i Humidifier (Optional)
- Chamber Capacity 380 mL to Maximum Fill Line
- Humidifier Chambers Standard and Optional Long Life Dishwasher Safe
- Humidifier Power NA (Integrated with PAP Device)
- Humidifier Settings Off, 1 Minimum to 6 Maximum
- AC (Wall) Power Universal AC power 100-240V, 50-60Hz (Auto Sensing)
- AC Power Supply Yes
- AC Power Supply Size 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches (Approx)
- AC Power Supply Weight 1.25 (Approx)
- Power Consumption 70 Watts Typical; 110 Watts Peak
- DC (Mobile) Power Optional Accessory
- DC Power Supply Size 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Supply Weight 1.7 Pounds (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Length 92 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Fuses 20 Amp
- Battery Power Optional External Accessory