Breas Z1 Auto Travel APAP (DISCONTINUED)
SMALL & PORTABLE FOR TRAVEL... GREAT AT HOME TOO!
- Z1 Auto CPAP Product Brochure (PDF)
- Z1 Auto CPAP Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Z1 Auto CPAP User Guide Instructions for Use (PDF)
- Z1 NiteLog App User Guide (PDF)
- Z1 Z-Breathe Pressure Relief Data Sheet (PDF)
- Z1 PowerShell Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Z1 Auto CPAP FAA Compliance Letter (PDF)
- Does the Z1 have a pressure relief function?
Yes. The Z1 uses an advanced pressure relief algorithm called Z-Breathe. Z-Breathe has three settings: CPAP-1 for mild relief, CPAP-2 for moderate relief, and CPAP-3 for maximum relief. Z-Breathe will also learn your breathing pattern and adjust the pressure swing accordingly to suit your needs.
- CPAP-1 - Enables Z-Breathe at a gentle response rate that adjusts the airflow gradually during the inhalation-exhalation cycle. In this setting, the algorithm will initially adjust rapidly to breathing, but the adjustments will become gentle and gradual over time.
- CPAP-2 - This is the default Z-Breathe setting offering moderate pressure swing relief.
- CPAP-3 - Z-Breathe's maximum CPAP-3 setting offers an aggressive response rate which adjusts the airflow rapidly and aggressively during the inhalation-exhalation cycle.
- How should I clean my Z1?
Please refer to the owners manual for complete instructions, but typically you would wipe down the outside of your Z1 with a damp cloth on a weekly basis. NOTE: Never submerge the Z1 in water.
- Does my battery charge when the AC Adapter is plugged into the PowerShell and wall outlet?
Yes, but only when the Z1 is in standby mode - meaning when the device is plugged in but NOT in use/ being used for therapy. When your battery has a full charge it will be displayed on the Z1 LCD screen.
- When the display says "REMINDER" what does that mean?
REMINDER is telling you to connect the tubing to the Z1 Outlet Coupler on the proximal end and your CPAP mask on the to the distal end of the tube to initiate therapy.
- Can I use my Z1 on the Airplane?
Yes, the Z1 has met all of the FAA requirements for in-flight use. There is a reference regarding this in the Z1 User Manual. There is also a downloadable version of the FAA Compliance letter, available on this page, that is useful when taking your Z1 on a commercial flight. NOTE: Even though the FAA has cleared the Z1 for in-flight use, airlines often request that you let them know in advance of your plans to use cpap in-flight. Please contact your airline for more information.
- How often should I change my filter?
For best performance, filters should be changed on average every 2 weeks.
- Where is the best place to mount my Z1?
This is a good question however it depends on your personal preference. Some users simply set the Z1 on their nightstand since it takes less space than a box of tissue. Others prefer to use the PowerShell's lanyard to hang the Z1 over their headboard. The best place to mount the Z1 is wherever it feels comfortable for you.
- Is there a humidifier available for the Z1?
Currently HDM offers Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) units for humidification. Additionally, you may use an external heated humidifier such as the Fisher & Paykel HC150. (Available elsewhere on this site.)
- Is the Z1 always on?
The Z1 switches to standby mode when you plug in to a power source (either the PowerShell with Battery or the AC Power Adaptor). To start therapy push the power button once and to stop push the power button again. To completely turn off the Z1 simply remove the power source.
- My Z1 will not turn on. What's wrong?
Problems with powering the Z1 are typically related to the power adapter or the battery not being seated properly in the PowerShell.
- Power Adapter - If you are attempting to power the Z1 device with the power adapter try the following: Fully remove the power adapter and inspect both the adapter and the plug hole for obstructions. If no obstructions If no obstructions are found firmly re-insert the plug into the Z1 using a twisting motion and restart the Z1.
- PowerShell Battery Power - If you are attempting to power the device using the PowerShell's battery, fully remove the battery module and inspect both the battery module and the contacts inside of the PowerShell for obstructions. If no obstructions are found, firmly re-insert the battery module into the PowerShell and restart the Z1.
- There is a Fault or Reminder display on the Z1 LCD.
The 'Reminder' text will be displayed when the Z1 detects a leak situation while in use. It serves as a reminder to firmly insert the Hose Adapter into the Z1 (the most common location for pressure leaks).
- Manufacturer HDM Breas
- In the Package Z1 Auto CPAP Machine, 4-Foot SlimStyle Tubing, 2 Air Filters, Universal Tube Adapter, Universal AC Power Supply with Cord, Micro USB Cable, Printed Instructions, Fleece Travel Bag, Heat Moisture Exchange (HME) Humidifier Filter, and 3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty. PowerShell Battery Pack, Mobile DC Power Cord, and additional custom options available in shopping cart.
- Part Number(s) HD60-1007
- HCPCS Code E0601
- GTIN / UPC Code 00859477004123
- Warranty 3 Years - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- Prescription Item Prescription required for the purchase of this item.
- Country United States of America (Typical Origin)
- FAA Compliant Label Included on Base of Unit for Easy Identification. This product meets FAA regulations for use on commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US. Click here for TSA / FAA information on traveling with sleep and oxygen therapy. Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have (i.e. a copy of your prescription or a letter of medical necessity) for allowing your device on board.
- Size (Approx) 6.48 x 3.30 x 2.02 Inches
- Weight (Approx) 10.4 Ounces
- Materials Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Therapy Modes CPAP, Auto-CPAP (APAP)
- Pressure Range 4-20 CM H2O
- Default Settings 4-10 CM H2O, Ramp 15 Minutes, Ramp Start Pressure 4.0, Z-Breathe APAP-3, BlueTooth On
- Ramp User Adjustable 0 to 45 Minutes
- Ramp Start 4 to Minimum Pressure
- Sound Levels Less Than 26 dBA
- Altitude Adjustment Automatic Up To 8000 Feet
- Leak Compenstation Automatic
- Auto On/Off Not Applicable
- Comfort Technology Z-Breathe (Settings = 1 Minimum, 2 Moderate, 3 Maximum)
- Rainout Reduction Not Applicable
- Filters Disposable (Ultra Fine)
- Masks Compatible with all CPAP & BiPAP Masks
- Tubing The Z1 Auto APAP includes a Custom Tube Adapter compatible with all Standard and Performance CPAP Tubing. For proper operation the Tube Adapter MUST ALWAYS be in place when using the Z1 Auto device.
- Humidifiers Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) Included for Optional Use
- Oxygen NOT Compatible with Supplemental Oxygen
Therapy Data & Compliance
- Data Storage 30 Days of Storage Onboard
- Data Included Events and Time of Use
- Data Viewing Free NiteLog App (iOS or Android)
- AC (Wall) Power AC power 100-240V, 50-60Hz (Auto Sensing)
- AC Power Supply Size 3.75 x 1.75 x 1.25 Inches (Approx)
- AC Power Supply Weight 9.5 Ounces (Approx)
- AC Power Cord Length 10 Feet 4 Inches (Approx)
- Power Consumption 20-35 Watts
- DC (Mobile) Power Optional Accessory
- DC Power Supply Weight 3 Ounces (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Length 6 Feet 6 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Fuses 5 Amp
- DC Power Input 12 Volts
- Battery Power Optional Integrated PowerShell with Battery
- Battery Type 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery Pack
- Battery Capacity 99 Watt Hours
- Battery Size PowerShell = 6.00 x 4.25 x 3.00 Inches
Extended Life Battery = 6.13 x 4.00 x 1.38 Inches (Approx)
- Battery Weight PowerShell = 9.8 Ounces
Extended Life Battery Module = 15.5 Ounces (Approx)
- Battery Run Time 1-2 Nights Per Extended Life Battery Depending on Settings. Lower pressure settings will increase run times and higher pressure settings will decrease run times. At a pressure setting of 20CM most users will achieve more than 8 hours of run time per battery. (Average)
- Recharge Time Up to 8 Hours (Typical Per Battery)
- Battery Life300 Cycles (Average)
- Battery NotesFor best performance Battery Modules should be fully charged prior to first use. Batteries recharge in the PowerShell when connected to AC or DC Power. In-house tests at DirectHomeMedical show that using a 4-foot tube and low Z-Breathe settings can increase overall battery run times. For complete care and use instructions, refer to the manual that came with your sleep therapy device or PowerShell.