Theravent REGULAR Advanced Nightly Snore Therapy (DISCONTINUED)
- Is Theravent effective for snoring associated with OSA?
Theravent is not intended to treat sleep apnea. Please see your doctor if you think you may have sleep apnea. If you have OSA consider Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy, which uses the same MicroValve Technology as Theravent and is indicated to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
- How is Theravent different from nasal strips like Breathe Right?
Nasal strips are placed on top of your nose and help dilate your nostrils, reducing congestion. Theravent uses the power of your own breathing to create pressure that opens and supports your nasal airways.
- How is Theravent different from Provent?
Theravent and Provent devices both use patented EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure) technology; however overall design and resistance levels of each product are different. Theravent patches fit over the base of the nose, covering both nostrils during sleep, and their relatively wide MicroValve mesh is designed to help eliminate snoring. Provent patches are smaller, with one patch for each nostril, and have a tighter MicroValve mesh that provides the greater resistance required to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- How does the resistance level of Theravent compare to Provent?
- Theravent LITE = Half the resistance of Theravent Regular
- Theravent Regular = Half the resistance of Theravent MAX
- Theravent MAX = Half the resistance of regular Provent
- Provent Phase 1 = Roughly equivalent to Theravent Regular
- Provent Phase 2 = Roughly equivalent to Theravent MAX
- Provent Phase 3 (Regular Provent) = Full therapeutic level
- Can I use a Theravent device for more than one night?
No, each Theravent is a single-use device.
- Why does it feel strange to breathe out? It seems like I cant get all the air out of my lungs.
Theravent works by creating Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) in your airway. This is the pressure you feel.
- Are there reasons not to use Theravent?
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING: The safety and efficacy of Theravent has not been established for pregnant women or children under 18.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THERAVENT IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: A cold, sinus, or ear infection, or perforated eardrum; severe breathing problems (including asthma or emphysema); severe heart problems; or very low blood pressure.
STOP USING THERAVENT AND CONTACT A DOCTOR IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: Experience an allergic reaction to the device; are unable to breathe through your mouth; develop a nasal, sinus, or ear infection or discomfort; develop a severe nose bleed; or develop skin or mucosal irritation, rash, sores, or other discomfort.