ResMed S9 VPAP S BiLevel (DISCONTINUED)
ENHANCED BiLEVEL THERAPY
The VPAP S BiLevel machine delivers pressure at two levels a high pressure on inhalation and a lower pressure for more comfortable exhalation.
QUIETLY CAPABLE EASY-BREATHE MOTOR
The S9's Easy-Breathe motor lowers average radiated sound levels to just 24dBA. In addition ResMed has reduced conducted noise levels through the breathing tube by 78%. When fully operational the S9 series is no louder than normal breathing!
ResMed has updated the clinically proven Easy-Breathe EPR waveform. Easy-Breathe EPR adjusts pressures during each breath naturally adapting to your breathing cycle to make transitions between inhalation and exhalation flow more easily and feel more natural.
CLIMATELINE HEATED TUBING or SLIMLINE ULTRA LIGHT TUBING
With the S9 ResMed introduces two great new CPAP/BiPAP tubing options. SLIMLINE tubing is the lightest, slimmest and most flexible CPAP/BiPAP tube on the market. 40% lighter than traditional tubing, SlimLine tubing eliminates drag on your mask and weight on your bed helping to improve overall fit and sleep comfort.
If you choose the H5i Heated Humidifier with your S9 system then you can select CLIMATELINE heated tubing for truly exceptional comfort. The ClimateLine tube features a temperature sensor at the mask end of the tube. You set your preferred humidity and optimum temperature levels and the S9 Climate Control system adjusts your therapy to suit. Because the system measures temperature at the mask, the temperature you feel will remain at your preferred setting, regardless of changes in ambient temperature or humidity. ClimateLine tubing offers increased flexibility, more sleeping comfort, less mask drag and prevents rainout without reducing humidity.
ENHANCED H5i HUMIDIFIER (Optional)
The H5i heated humidifier offers relief from dryness and congestion and integrates seamlessly with the S9. Intuitive and easy to use, the S9 automatically detects when the H5i is connected. Using the S9's settings screen you can adjust humidity levels at any time during therapy. The H5i's adaptive Climate Control system intelligently adjusts to your environmental conditions, and delivers optimal temperature and humidity right to the mask. It protects you from rainout without compromising humidity and provides the most comfortable therapy possible.
MASK-FIT MADE EASY
The S9's Mask-Fit feature is simple and effective. It offers three settings: Nasal, Pillow and Full Face. With the touch of a button you select your mask style and then the Mask-Fit system will run a quick diagnostic to ensure your mask is sealing properly. If your mask needs adjustment the system will alert you so that you can correct any fitting problems you may have prior to starting therapy.
The S9 allows you to view a snapshot of your sleep therapy directly on the device. Designed to provide daily feedback and encouragement, the Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak and AHI information. In addition the Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure. The S9 also ships with an SD Card inserted in the device that can be used by your doctor to review more advanced information. The SD Card provides detailed graphical data and high resolution flow data. It stores 365 days of therapy and compliance data, 30 days of detailed data, and 7 days of high resolution flow data.
- S9 Series EPR and Easy-Breathe - Technology Fact Sheet (PDF)
- S9 VPAP S BiLevel - Welcome Guide (PDF)
- S9 VPAP S BiLevel - Data Management Guide (PDF)
- S9 Series ClimateLine Tubing - User Instructions (PDF)
- Manufacturer ResMed
- In the Package S9 VPAP S BiLevel, Travel Bag, Breathing Tube, Starter Filter, SD Data Card, Printed Users Manual, 90W Power Supply with Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. H5i Integrated Heated Humidifier, ClimateLine Tubing and/or SlimLine Tubing included depending on package selected.
- Part Number(s) 36004 (S9 VPAP S), 36014 (S9 VPAP S with Heated Humidifier), 36024 (S9 VPAP S with Heated Humidifier and ClimateLine Tubing)
- HCPCS Code E0470
- GTIN / UPC Code
- Warranty 2 Years - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- Intended Use The S9 VPAP S is indicated for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients weighing more than 66 lb (30 kg). The S9 VPAP S is intended for home and hospital use.
- FAA Compliant Label Included on Base of Unit for Easy Identification. This product is approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US. Click here for TSA / FAA information on traveling with sleep and oxygen therapy. Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have (i.e. a copy of your prescription or a letter of medical necessity) for allowing your device on board.
- Size (Approx) VPAP = 6.0 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches
VPAP with Humidifier = 6.0 x 11.5 x 3.4 inches
- Weight (Approx) VPAP = 1.8 lbs
VPAP with Humidifier = 3.5 lbs
- Display Type Color LCD
- Therapy Modes CPAP, BiLevel
- Pressure Range 3-25 CM H2O
- Ramp Start 4 to Minimum Therapy Pressure
- Sound Levels 26 dBA
- Altitude Adjustment Automatic Up To 8500 Feet
- Leak Compenstation Automatic
- Filters Disposable (Standard & Hypoallergenic Available)
- Masks Compatible with all CPAP & BiLevel Masks
- Tubing Compatible with all Standard CPAP Tubing, Performance Tubing, SlimLine Tubing, and ClimateLine Tubing (when H5i Humidifier is used).
- Oxygen Up to 15LPM (Requires Adapter or Mask with Oxygen Port)
Therapy Data & Compliance
- Data Storage SD Data Card
- Data Viewing On Screen Sleep Report
Desktop Software Not Available to Consumers
- AC (Wall) Power Universal AC power 100-240V, 50-60Hz (Auto Sensing)
- AC Power Supply Yes
- AC Power Supply Size 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches (Approx)
- AC Power Supply Weight 1.25 (Approx)
- Power Consumption 70 Watts Typical; 110 Watts Peak
- DC (Mobile) Power Optional Accessory
- DC Power Supply Size 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Supply Weight 1.7 Pounds (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Length 92 Inches (Approx)
- DC Power Cord Fuses 20 Amp
- Battery Power Optional External Accessory