Philips Respironics PersonalBest Full Range Peak Flow Meter (for Adults and Children)
ACCURATE PEAK EXPIRATORY FLOW MEASUREMENTS
Philips Respironics Personal Best Peak Flow Meter accurately monitors lung function, measuring the Peak Expiratory Flow (PEF) speed at which air is expelled from the lungs. PEF measurements are an essential tool in gauging how well your lungs and airways are working -- the higher the PEF the more open your airways, the lower the PEF the more constricted your airways and the more likely you are to be experiencing asthma related symptoms.
UNIVERSAL MEASUREMENT WITH NAEPP QUALITY STANDARDS
Personal Best meets or exceeds all National Asthma Education & Prevention Program Technical Standards for peak flow meters. It is compact and convenient, designed for accuracy and ease of use with a universal measurement ranged suitable for both children and adults.
COMFORTABLE, OVAL SAFETY MOUTHPIECE
The Personal Best's oval mouthpiece is comfortable and simple to use. The mouthpiece's safety design reduces the risk of cross-contamination during multi-patient screening, and the built-in one-way valve prevents patients from inadvertently breathing in air through the meter during peak expiratory flow rate testing.
COLOR-CODED "TRAFFIC LIGHT" MEASUREMENT ZONES
Customized color-coded "traffic light" indicators provide an easy, objective way to monitor asthma control. Working with a healthcare professional you can set the indicators to represent three measurement zones so it's easy to compare your current flow measurements to your personal best ranges.
- Green "Safe" Zone 80-100% of Your Personal Best - Can indicate that asthma symptoms are probably under control using current treatment plan
- Yellow "Caution" Zone 50-80% of Your Personal Best - Can indicate you are experiencing an asthma flare up or need to increase your maintenance therapy or take additional medication
- Red "Danger" Zone Below 50% of Your Personal Best - Stop and get medical advise and medication right away to avoid any potentially dangerous situations
EASY TO HOLD, STORE & USE
The PersonalBest Peak Flow Meter features a fold-out handle that keeps your hand away from the indicators; and encourages a good technique for a successful readings. When not in use the fold out handle converts into a sturdy storage case for the ultimate in portability and protection at all times.
EASY TO MAINTAIN & DISHWASHER SAFE
PersonalBest is easy to clean. It can be washed with warm water and mild liquid soap or on the top rack of a dishwasher. Once cleaned the PersonalBest should be completely air dried before the next use.
- PersonalBest Peak Flow Meter Brochure (PDF)
- PersonalBest Instructions (PDF)
- PersonalBest Instructions for Children (PDF)
- PersonalBest Daily Record Chart (PDF)
- Manufacturer Philips Respironics
- In the Package PersonalBest Peak Flow Meter, Companion Card, Peak Flow Diary, and Printed User Manual
- Part Number(s) HS755-001
- HCPCS Code A4614
- GTIN / UPC Code 00383730755007
- Warranty 1 Year - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- Size (Approx) 6.5 x 2.0 x 0.8 Inches
- Available Size(s) One Size Fits Most
- Weight (Approx) 3 Ounces
PEF MEASUREMENT SPECIFICATIONS
- Range 60-810 L/Min
- Resolution 10 L/Min
- Accuracy +/- 10% or 20 L/Min
- Reproducibility Less than 5% or 10 L/Min
- Interdevice Variability Less than 10% or 20 L/Min