If you're not happy, return this item for a full refund.
Philips NightBalance Positional Sleep Therapy Device Package
30-NIGHT MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you're not happy, return this item for a full refund.30-NIGHT-NIGHT RISK FREE TRIAL
BUY NOW, PAY LATER: 0% FINANCING
BUY NOW, PAY LATER
30-NIGHT MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
TREATS POSITIONAL OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA
Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA) episodes occur primarily when sleeping your back. The Philips NightBalance senses when you're sleeping on their back and then delivers gentle vibrations which prompt you to switch to sleeping on your side without disrupting or disturbing sleep. The quiet vibrations help you to stay off your back and avoid the higher number of breathing disturbances that occur when you sleep on your back, reducing overall AHI levels.
UNIQUE ADAPTATION PROGRAM
Philips Night Balance uses a unique adaptation program, similar to a ramp button on a CPAP machine, that helps you ease into therapy. For the first 2 nights of wearing the device, no therapy is provided. Instead the device just monitors your sleeping behavior. On nights 3 through 9, light vibrations are gradually introduced over time which helps you to acclimate to the new POSA (Positional Obstrubtive Sleep Apnea) therapy. From night 10 on, NightBalance provides full, adaptive POSA treatment as required.
STAY MOTIVATED FOR SUCCESSFUL SLEEP
With NightBalance, it’s easy to stay motivated to continue treatment with your sleep therapy device! The NightBalance is constantly monitoring and recording how your body responds to the therapy it provides. All of your sleep data is automatically uploaded to a secure online portal. The interface, which is very user friendly, allows you to follow your progress online and even on the device itself, helping you to stay motivated.
- NightBalance POSA Therapy Brochure (PDF)
- NightBalance Information For Doctors (PDF)
- NightBalance Instructions For Use (PDF)
- NightBalance Software User Guide (PDF)
- NightBalance Clinical Information Sheet (PDF)
- NightBalance Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
^frequently asked questions~
- What is Positional OSA?
Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA) is a specific type of OSA. It is a condition in which over twice as many breathing disturbances occur when sleeping on the back as compared to the side. A recent study by Heinzer, et al, (2018) demonstrates that exclusive POSA was in present in 36-47% of OSA subjects.
- How do I Get a Positional OSA Diagnosis? Do I New Sleep Test?
If you've had a sleep study that was used to confirm a diagnosis of OSA then it can usually be used by your physician to also confirm if you suffer from positional OSA and therefore if positional therapy will be helpful for you.
- How Will I Know is NightBalance is Right For Me?
If you're suffering from positional OSA; but can't tolerate PAP treatment, or you're finding it unbearable to wear a mask each night, then NightBalance might be the answer for you. Patients using NightBalance POSA Therapy found it to be more comfortable and easier to use than PAP therapy; and are significantly more adherent to it than to CPAP. With NightBalanace you can wake up refreshed from a better, more comfortable night’s sleep. In studies 88% of patients who tried NightBalance said they would recommend it to others.
- How Does NightBalance Work?
As you sleep, NightBalance detects when you are sleeping on your back and delivers auto-customized, gentle vibrations, that prompt you to move onto your side, without disturbing your sleep. The quiet vibrations help you to stay off your back and avoid the higher number of breathing disturbances that occur when you sleep on your back. This reduces the overall AHI.
- Is a Prescription Required for NightBalance?
Yes, NightBalance requires a prescription. The prescription must include a sleep apnea diagnosis but doesn’t necessarily have to include NightBalance. A CPAP prescription is not valid so you will need to discuss with your doctor whether POSA (Positional OSA) Therapy and NightBalanace is right for you.
- Manufacturer Philips Respironics
- In the Package NightBalance Sensor Device, Travel Case, Adjustable Chest Strap, Docking Station, AC Power Cord, and Printed Instructions for Use.
- Part Number(s) L2US01US
- HCPCS Code Not Applicable
- GTIN / UPC Code 08719689344092, 08719689344009
- Warranty 2 Years - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- Intended Use NightBalance is intended as a therapy for mild to moderate Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA) in adults with a non-supine AHI<10. NightBalance is intended to be used by patients during sleep in their home environment without the need for instructions from a physician.
- Prescription Item Prescription required for the purchase of this item.
- Country The Netherlands (Typical Origin)